Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Maven Moment: Things You Might Be Taking For Granted,

Its 4:17 in the morning and I'm up working, now I won't post this particular post until noon but still these are my thoughts at this moment(The text in the pic above is how I feel also)! During myself reflection after my Life/Death situation that I went through over the course of the past holiday weekend. I feel like I am being taken for granted by a lot of people around me. Because before I showed up, people's situations were not that great until I stepped in and either helped/made a call/prayed or just gave a hand! Now things are rose (for the most part in some peoples situations) So I wrote this to express my thoughts about taking anything in life for granted....

Things we take for granted by Francois

One of the cognitive abilities that we have is to be able reflect upon ourselves. If you are happy now, would you look back on your past and be disgusted??

We are the only souls on this planet that can be satisfied and unsatisfied with ourselves concurrently. While in our present state of mind, we look at ourselves and imagine where we would want to be. With the ability that we have been given, we can enable our present and past experiences both happen at the same time. So, we have the ability to connect with our past, our present, and our future. The great thing about this ability is that we have the choice to be present and not be present at the same time. In turn, we can be hopeful about our future experiences even if we are in a rut right now. We also have the ability to step outside of ourselves and be self-encouraging. All I have to do is think about a problem that I have now, and I can either cite my past victories or step forward to my current self promises and encourage myself to do better in the present. Something that most people take for granted!


Now this didn't address my issue but it did help me express what I thought about the broad idea in relation to taking things/people/situations for granted!! Thus my mood has changed back and now I'm back focused on my work!! Wow, writing emotions and thoughts out helps a little!!


No comments: